Do you have Cisco 7965G IP Phone in your office and looking for a headset? Do you own iPhone or other smartphone, which came with a single plug headset? What if we tell you that you can use it with your office phone?
iPhone Headset Adapter converts an ordinary iPhone or Smartphone headset into a Cisco 7965G compatible headset. This headset adapter converts the audio headset with single TRRS 3.5mm audio plug into the RJ9 modular plug that connects to the Cisco 7965G Unified IP Phone (see our Headset Plugs FAQ for references).
This solution offers you great flexibility to choose a headset you prefer. For example, you will be able to use your existing iPhone headset that you could have already. Or purchase comfortable computer headset with iPhone-style plug. You can choose between behind-the-neck and boom-style headset. And you continue to use the same headset with your smartphone.
Our headset adapters allow you to use full functionality that Cisco 7940 Unified IP Phone provides. You will be able to answer a call with either headset or handset, and you can switch between them during the conversation. You may use Auto-Answer with the headset or the handset. You will be able to store volume settings separately for speakerphone, handset or headset. These adapters are compatible with hearing-aid in-line amplifiers.
Cisco 7940G, 7941G, 7942G, 7945G
Cisco 7960G, 7961G, 7962G, 7965G
Cisco 7970G, 7971G, 7975G
Not compatible phones:
Cisco 7906G, 7911G, 7912G (phones do not have headset port)
Cisco 7920, 7921G, 7925G (phones require 2.5mm audio plug headset)
Cisco 7936, 7937G (conference station does not support headset)
Connecting to the phone:
- To connect a headset Adapter to the Cisco Unified IP Phone, attach it into the Headset port on the back of the phone.
» Look for the Headset icon or etched label. Usually headset port located next to the Handset port (coiled cable)
- After connecting the modular plug, affix the adapter cable to the phone, inserting it into the cable management channel.
- Warning! Do not plug the headset adapter into the AUX port - it may damage your phone.
Connect the headset
- Plug the headset 3.5mm plug into to yellow headset adapter jack
Make a test call
Headset mode inactivate (headset button is not illuminated):
- Press the Headset button, hear a dial tone in headset, and then dial the phone number
Type the number with numbering buttons, and then press Headset Button
- When call completed, either press the Headset Button again (and deactivate "headset mode"), or press "EndCall" soft button (and keep "headset mode" active)
Headset mode active (headset button is illuminated):
- Type the number you want to dial, and they press "Dial" softbutton
Press "New Call" softbutton, hear a dial tone, and then dial the number with numeric keypad
- To complete the call either press Headset button or "EndCall" soft button
Switch between headset and handset
- If you need to switch from headset to handset, you can just pick a handset, and headset will be deactivated (headset button will be deactivated)
- To switch from handset to headset, press the headset button. Now you can place the handset in the cradle.