Are you looking for a headset compatible with Cisco 7962 IP phones? Great news! PC Headset Adapter transforms any computer headset with 3.5mm audio plugs into the Cisco 7962 phone's RJ9 modular plug. With PC Headset Adapter, you can now use a standard computer headset for your office phone needs.
This solution gives you great flexibility to choose a headset you like. For example, you can use a chat headset that you may already use with your computer. Or purchase a gaming headset that will block most outside noise. Or choose between behind-the-neck and boom-style headsets. As far as the headset has individual plugs for Headphone and Microphone, it's compatible with our adapter. And you still can use it with your computer or gaming console.
Our headset adapters for Cisco Unified IP Phones allow you to use all features that Cisco 7962 Unified IP Phone provides. You can answer a call with either headset or handset, and you may switch between them during the conversation. You can use Auto-Answer with the headset or the handset. You can save volume settings separately for speakerphone, handset, or headset. These adapters are compatible with hearing-aid in-line amplifiers.
And here are some additional ideas, how you can use these adapters...
- You can connect external desktop speakers and an external microphone, and use the standard Cisco 7940 phone as a conference station.
- With the Auto-Answer feature enabled, you may connect a "loudspeaker" for overhead announcements.
- The adapter may be connected to PC Sound Card to play messages, record calls, or even make an automated call through CTI Phone Control (audio level adjustment may be required)
Cisco 7940G, 7941G, 7942G, 7945G
Cisco 7960G, 7961G, 7962G, 7965G
Cisco 7970G, 7971G, 7975G
Not compatible phones:
Cisco 7906G, 7911G, 7912G (phones do not have headset port)
Cisco 7920, 7921G, 7925G (phones require 2.5mm audio plug headset)
Cisco 7936, 7937G (conference station does not support headset)
Connecting to the phone:
- To connect a headset Adapter to the Cisco Unified IP Phone, plug it into the Headset port on the back of the phone.
» Look for the Headset icon or etched label. Usually headset port located next to the Handset port (coiled cable)
- After connecting the modular plug, affix the adapter cable to the phone, inserting it into the cable management channel.
- Warning! Do not plug the headset adapter into the AUX port - it may damage your phone.
Connect the headset
- Connect the Headphone or desktop speaker plug (sometimes Black / Green / Gray) into to BLACK headset adapter jack
- Plug Microphone plug (Red / Pink) to RED headset adapter jack.
Make a test call
Headset mode inactivates (headset button is not illuminated):
- Press the Headset button, hear a dial tone in the headset, and then dial the phone number
Type the number with numbering buttons, and then press Headset Button
- When call completed, either press the Headset Button again (and deactivate "headset mode") or press the "EndCall" soft button (and keep "headset mode" active)
Headset mode active (headset button is illuminated):
- Type the number you want to dial, and they press the "Dial" soft button
Press the "New Call" soft button, hear a dial tone, and then dial the number with a numeric keypad
- To complete the call either press the Headset button or the "EndCall" soft button
Switch between headset and handset
- If you need to switch from headset to handset, you can just pick a handset, and the headset will be deactivated (headset button will be deactivated)
- To switch from handset to headset, press the headset button. Now you can place the handset in the cradle.