The Cisco Unified IP Phone 7960G is designed to meet the communication needs of professional workers in enclosed office environments--employees who experience a high amount of phone traffic in the course of a business day. This IP phone supports access to multiple telephone lines (or a combination of lines and direct access to telephony features) and includes high-quality, hands-free speakerphone capability and built-in headset connectivity. A large pixel-based display provides supplemental information, access to applications, and makes it easy to use telephone features.
The Cisco Unified IP Phone 7960G, a key offering in the IP Phone portfolio, is a full-featured IP phone primarily for manager and executive needs. It provides six programmable line/feature buttons and four interactive soft keys that guide a user through call features and functions.
Other Cisco Unified IP Phone 7960G features include:
- 24+ user-adjustable ring tones
- A hearing-aid-compatible handset (meets American Disabilities Act [ADA] requirements) and HAC compliance for magnetic coupling to approved HAC hearing aids
- G.711 and G.729a audio compression
- H.323 compatible and Microsoft NetMeeting compatibility
- An IP address assignment-DHCP client or statically configured
- Comfort noise generation and voice activity detection (VAD) programming on a system basis
- EIA/TIA RS-232 port for future add-on options such as line expansion, security access, and more